Posted Date: 10/09/2018
Job Title: Variable Data Programmer
Reports To: Director of IT
Description of Company
Fineline Printing Group is one of the largest Print, Fulfillment & Marketing service providers in the Midwest. Started in 1981, Fineline remains a privately-held, minority-owned business certified by numerous local, state, and regional agencies. Fineline is also compliant to ISO 9001:2008 standards and HIPAA compliance. Their 80,000-square-foot manufacturing facility is in northwest Indianapolis and houses state-of-the-art equipment in offset, digital, and large format printing.
General Purpose of Job
The Variable Data Programmer is responsible for effectively executing complex variable data print projects & complex document composition solutions including statements, forms, & direct mail pieces using document management and variable data to satisfy business and customer requirements. This role is also responsible for postal preparation, data-cleansing, and postal document preparation for daily mailing jobs.
This role will also work directly with customers to understand needs and how to implement into document applications while also providing technical guidance for file preparation, submission and HIPAA requirements. In addition, this role will meet with and be the technical liaison to explain and communicate customer requirements to other team members.
- Prepare and cleanse data for mailing requirements including personalization and postal presorting using Mail Manager software.
- Serve as postal regulations resource for internal & external customers. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of postal regulations.
- Serve as in-house expert on mail piece design. Consult with internal and external customers in this regard.
- Understand the process of CASS certification, presorting and inkjet print preparation.
- Verify and check proper weights, rates, sizes and qualifications required by the USPS guidelines.
- Generate USPS reports, internal reports and customer specific listings.
- Use InDesign and Adobe Acrobat along with FusionPro variable data software to manage variable data print projects & templates, including digital page layout & image manipulation, & preflighting.
- Write rules, scripts, and data transformations in FusionPro to accommodate conditional tasks.
- Spool outputs appropriate to imaging devices (inkjet & digital presses).
- Communicate with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
- Experience with 2D barcode symbologies
- Maintain and support previously built workflows.
- Experience with print automation software, like Prinergy, for job creation, proofing and imposition.
- Passion for technology & how to use it in business to improve efficiencies
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to detail & quality
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Capability to assimilate and organize large amounts of information
- Problem solver
Required Education and Experience
- Required - High School diploma
- Desired – Four (4) year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional information and to apply: https://finelineprintinggroup.com/our-team/careers/
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in variable data processing, document composition programming with one or more of the following applications: FusionPro, XMPie, Prinergy or similar
- Experience with mail presort software including BCC Mail Manager, PostalSoft or similar
- Knowledge of various print streams including post script and PDF
- Understanding of & ability to handle HIPAA data with high accuracy